Hello everyone, the French dude have a proposition for the community !
I've started to recently test some races of Streets of rage 2 and the goal around this is that i want to involve the community into some fun races through all the game serie. For me it's a great thing to do, in order to provide an activity around the games through stream and also share, enjoy the passion of a genre that didn't aged at all.
The principe is simple [might look complexe but i can provide you a very complete easy tutorial how to set up everythingif its really that hard.]
The processus is just to stream your emulator/console game on Twitch platefrom providing a real proof of your run while you're on IRC chat inside a special race room that i'll create, a Bot once everyone is ready will give the countdown for the start of the race.
The rules can be changed, can be on SOR1, 2, 3 and BK3, difficulties and characters can be discuss, we can also reduce goal to only reaching certain level for exemple for shorter races.
SpeedRuns Live might be really old looking but it's fairly easy to navigate once you've understood the commands and IRC stuff. A mod will come in the room at the end of a race, record it and the leaderboard will be updated like this one for exemple from SOR2 : http://www.speedrunslive.com/races/game/#!/sor2/1
It's still all new to me and it took me a while before actually getting into it, the site isn't quiet welcoming to be honest and i understand why people don't try it more often. It's still a very cool alternative to be on a discord chat together or just chilling together in the IRC chat between runs once in a while. I know most of you guys are very busy but it does not take a big time, it's also possible to organize it on SORRemake even if i'm not a fan of it ^^
What you need for this :
- Download a streaming software : OBS is the one i use and it is very good for low internet connection and it's free : https://obsproject.com/
- Be logged on SRL : http://www.speedrunslive.com/
- Create a Twitch channel and be sure to check the VOD recording option in the menu option : https://www.twitch.tv/
- Link your Twitch channel to SRL irc with the appropriate command (listed in the FAQ.)
- Configure OBS settings to match your computer needs.
- Use a valid emulator for the races : Gens for exemple, i use Gens11b (Fusion is banned)
- (required if you want to exchange and talk through audio) Get Discord.
If you have questions about these because you're not familliar with it i can help you, i am acutally streaming on very low settings on a very old pc so it's very easy to configure OBS to have something optimal, if you're not aiming for people to watch you just focus on minimal quality for the races.
Feel free to tell me what you think about this.