Brawlers Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Beat Em Up Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Din
Admin
Mr.Din

[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Empty
PostSubject: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:26 am

What, you haven't of the Yakuza series? well SEGA isn't up to par with their old awesomeness so it's understandable. Yakuza is one of the most recent Brawlers produced directly by SEGA. While on the surface some may think this is just a Japanese GTA but this niche title is much more, a total gem. Expansive Combat, side missions, exploration, etc provides plenty to do in this series. Doing Exceedingly well in Japan the game receives a new entry practically every other year. Unfortunately it didn't do anywhere near as well in the states and now the question of rather it's latest main entry (Yakuza 5) will receive localization is up in the air. Most recently a prequel has been announced Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero. The Entry is as follows
- Main Series- Chronologically ordered
Prequels and Remakes: Ryu Ga Gotoku: Zero (TBA)
PS2 Era: Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza (2005jp - 2006us/eu) -Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 2 (2006jp - 2008us/eu)
[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread 256px-10 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Yakuza10
PS3 Era: Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 3 (2009jp - 2010us/eu) - Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 4 (2010jp - 2011us/eu) - Ryu Ga Gotoku/Yakuza 5 (2012jp - 2015us/eu?)
[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread 256px-11 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread 255px-10 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread 250px-10

- Spinoffs -
PS3 Games: Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan (2008jp) - Ryu Ga Gotoku of the end/Yakuza: Dead Souls (2011jp - 2012us/eu) - Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (2014jp)
[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Ryu_ga10 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Yakuza12 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Rya_ga10
PSP Games: Kurohyo: Ryu Ga Gotoku Shinsho (2010jp) - Kurohyo: Ryu Ga Gotoku Ashura Henu (2012jp)
[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Yakuza11 [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread 20477810

Last edited by Mr.Din on Fri May 20, 2016 12:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://brawlersavenue.net
Mr.Din
Admin
Mr.Din

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Videos!

Yakuza 0

Late to this news but Yakuza 5 is coming to shores Spring 2015! finally three years later, although digital only I'm very excited for this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Micro_Chip

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 9:59 am

Tried the original on PS2 back in the day and I remember not liking it, dunno why, guess I was just young and stupid. But I just grabbed Yakuza 0 for PS4 and HOLY BALLS I love this game! Gonna grab myself each one (except 2, the price on that is crazy!). Feels like a true evolution of the old school side scrolling brawlers.

Last edited by Micro_Chip on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin
Mr.Din

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Micro_Chip wrote:
Tried the original on PS2 back in the day and I remember not liking it, dunno why, guess I was just young and stupid. But I just grabbed Yakuza 0 for PS4 and HOLY BALLS I love this game! Gonna grab myself each one (except 2, the price on that is crazy!). Feels like a try evolution of the old school side scrolling brawlers.
oddly enough I really enjoyed 1 despite it not aging so well. there's a remake of one coming down the pipeline Smile
Back to top Go down
Micro_Chip

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 3:23 am

Mr.Din wrote:
Micro_Chip wrote:
Tried the original on PS2 back in the day and I remember not liking it, dunno why, guess I was just young and stupid. But I just grabbed Yakuza 0 for PS4 and HOLY BALLS I love this game! Gonna grab myself each one (except 2, the price on that is crazy!). Feels like a try evolution of the old school side scrolling brawlers.
oddly enough I really enjoyed 1 despite it not aging so well. there's a remake of one coming down the pipeline Smile

Yeah, seen Yakuza Kiwami coming out at the end of the year and Yakuza 6 early 2018. So happy I got into the series, 6 main games to catch up on, 5 spin-offs and 2 awesome looking upcoming games!
Back to top Go down
Sm_Izumi

Sm_Izumi

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 1:53 am

Still kicking ass on 0 and i can't stop @- @
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/shinxizumi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread   [SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SEGA] Like a Dragon! - Yakuza Megathread
Page 1 of 1