Brawlers Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Beat Em Up Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Streets of Rage: Reformation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Din
Admin
Mr.Din

Streets of Rage: Reformation Empty
PostSubject: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Developer: AGAR
Release Date: N/A
Players: N/A
Genre: Belt-Scroller, Beat 'Em Up
A tech demo by Agar, reformation is spiritual successor to the SoR formula. The demo will be available soon.
Back to top Go down
http://brawlersavenue.net
Brawl

Brawl

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 2:35 pm

Well, the gameplay looks fairly solid.
Back to top Go down
darrenagar

darrenagar

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 3:13 am

Hi, gameplay has a major revision since this trailer, combo moves cancel into each other. much rapid! still working on getting a demo I'm happy to put out. . .
Back to top Go down
Mr.Din
Admin
Mr.Din

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:28 pm

darrenagar wrote:
Hi, gameplay has a major revision since this trailer, combo moves cancel into each other. much rapid! still working on getting a demo I'm happy to put out. . .
Excellent! still looking forward to the results!
Back to top Go down
http://brawlersavenue.net
Sm_Izumi

Sm_Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Good luck with your project Cool
Back to top Go down
https://soundcloud.com/shinxizumi
darrenagar

darrenagar

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Sm_Izumi - Thankyou, Is the ShinxIzumi soundcloud music yours? cos I'm FAST beginning to love it!
Back to top Go down
Sm_Izumi

Sm_Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Yeah it is my Soundcloud mate.
My little hobbie i like doing this
Back to top Go down
darrenagar

darrenagar

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 11:15 am

Hey guys, just a quick update.

the gameplay stream of PLAN Brawl was incredibly useful! a number of improvements have been implemented as a result:

Back-Dash now has its own animation, rather than re-using the parry escape animation. Also, the dash distance and speed has been fine-tuned.

The Glitch when a held character is being knocked down whilst vaulted over has been fixed. I didn't want the held character to have invincibility during this state, so will take the hit as if it was a hit stun instead of a knockdown (only while being vaulted over).

You can now turn around easily between attacks mid-combo (unless R trigger is held), and I've tightened the combo mechanics up (hit confirm wasn't 100%).

Mr.Din- I noticed that you were attempting the combo variations by pressing attack+direction at the same time. The way it works is you HOLD the direction while the move is transitioning to the next move in the combo, the thinking behind this is that you can change your mind what attack you want to do right up until the last frame of the current action, including neutral/no direction. to do the roundhouse combo for example: hold forward (and keep holding) throughout all 4 attack inputs, because the action buttons are buffered, your character won't unintentionally walk forward/up/down etc.

Many other great suggestions I haven't gotten to yet (like additional boss attacks n stuff).

Thanks again, later.
Back to top Go down
RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm

I hope for an original soundtrack to go with the original name.
Back to top Go down
darrenagar

darrenagar

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Funny you should mention that! The demo build I'm working on may have tracks graciously allowed by Sm_Izumi above^

I also have original tracks that my brother and I composed. different in tone (recorded instruments) but I can't say I'm fixated on going with just the one style. whatever suits and sounds awesome. fun and aggressive is my music mantra Smile. It would be a crime to disregard tracks of different genres based on them being of a different genre.
Back to top Go down
RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 2:36 pm

1. Will Axel be replaced with another character once you get far enough in progress?
  2. How big a variety of enemies are you aiming for?
  3. Will there be stages that connect?
  4. Will there be alternate paths?
Back to top Go down
darrenagar

darrenagar

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 am

1. Axel has already been replaced by a character named 'Fenix'. Mr.Din did a stream of the updated character here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/112695884
2. I want to introduce 2/3 enemies per level. The enemy designs will get crazier as the levels progress,
the first level just has goons to go with the street setting.
3. I have a basic story outline that transitions the stages, though I don't think I'll do cutscenes cos I'm a fan of pure gameplay, If I do, it will be told in-game somehow.
4. I really want to have alternate paths but that depends on how the development progresses.

The development is unorthodox, in that I only focus on 2/3 steps forward. the basic game is planned out but only serves as a loose guide. I'm a one person team so I have the luxury of letting the game inform me what what it wants- if that makes sense? In other words I play the game, think what does it need now? then I work on that!
Back to top Go down
Sm_Izumi

Sm_Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:05 am

The game looks already better than before from the stream video.

Branching paths are rarely entertaining to me this is just my guess, For exemple it's so much abused in SOR remake that it make no sens at all and get really boring, i'm not against one different path that lead to the same endgame for exemple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Streets of Rage: Reformation   Streets of Rage: Reformation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage: Reformation
Page 1 of 1