Brawlers Avenue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Beat Em Up Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Create myself in a beat'em'up game?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZeR

Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Empty
PostSubject: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 7:34 am

Hey guys, I'm Dozer. If yin is diesel, yang is dozer. Diesel be nice but Dozer even better (you need to actually say it).

I'd make a denim industry called Dozer, much like Diesel. I'd call another line Arch-Enemy Denim. I'm crazy like that, I have a wild imagination.

I practice martial arts every day with elements from many different combat sports as well as actual martial arts (again, much like yin and yang comparatively). I easily see myself as someone who a video game could be modeled after, someone who people would really get behind. A real hero!!

2-D platforms are still king, always will be! Why? Maybe due to the sheer simplicity of fewer buttons that make the games so intuitive. We should never have to "think" about how we play and use the buttons. Less thinking, more doing.

What if we made a "2-D" game platform with crisp graphics or even manga style (think street fighter III)? What if some kind of button configuration could create more than just a few moves by using one button to accomplish many things (depending on distance, the opponent's style/given attack)? Grappling and the like should be just as easy to function, we just need to be creative and not afraid to "break the rules".

Another fun beat'em'up possibility would be a fighting gameplay like "Prison Break: The Conspiracy". I mastered that game on the hardest difficulty but the point is, we could turn that way of fighting into a seriously sophisticated and refined game. For example: multiple opponents attacking at once (possibly with weapons), "block button" at the right moment could turn the attack of "person A" into them flying into someone else "person B" -- then fight "person C" with a quick hit. The point is always having several possibilities (moves) even with limited buttons.

Cool, right? Any thoughts?

P.S. where can I find a character generator for streets of rage or final fight?
Back to top Go down
Mister X Neo

Mister X Neo

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Interesting intro post. There was an intro topic, but oh well. Welcome. Your ideas are indeed creative, welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
DoZeR

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Any good character generators? I want to make Dozer come to life, Diesel too. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mister X Neo

Mister X Neo

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:03 am

You might want to check out sprite edits of King of Fighters or something, there are no "character generators" you'll have to put in some serious work for any results. I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
DoZeR

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 2:55 pm

That's really too bad. I still want to eventually get involved in making these ideas come to life. My imagination is a shocking mix of fantasy and reality. How do I know it's shocking? Because I get so into it I shock myself! My career path is not exactly visual arts though. I'm training to be a plumber so I wouldn't really have time at the moment to dive into creating a beat'em'up online. Still, at some point I'd just have to do it. Opportunities come along all the time. It's a matter of right place/right time for someone like me Surprised
Back to top Go down
Brawl

Brawl

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:24 am

It sounds like you might want to get into spriting. Though it's not terribly active(look where I'm posting this from Razz), you might be able to get some help on that front(or at least see how others do it) at the forums at Scrollboss.

That said, I can think of a beat 'em up where you can alter your characters appearance, which is Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance, for the PS2 and X-Box, by Capcom.

Personally, I think 3D gaming only needed to figure out how to move around first, then use extra buttons for things that would have required using a d-pad in different ways, like crouching, spin dash, rolling out of the way(think Streets of Rage 3 with double tapping Up/Down), running(here I'm also thinking SoR, where normal attacks would now become Blitz attacks[Grand Upper and whatnot]), etc.

I used to, because some had backstage brawls with usable weapons strewn about and everything, think that utilizing a wrestling games engine is what beat 'em ups should have tried in going 3D, but now I'm thinking, all they need to do is figure out movement, keep the same walk-in grab system from the 2D era, the same single attack button and jump button scheme, and just use shoulder buttons(if necessary, I never really liked shoulder buttons personally) for things like running or dodging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create myself in a beat'em'up game?   Create myself in a beat'em'up game? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Create myself in a beat'em'up game?
Page 1 of 1